Scroll Buttons on the Steering Wheel Tesla Model Y
A scroll button is located on each side of the steering wheel, which can be pressed left/right or rolled up/down.
1. The scroll buttons are useful for the following functions:
- Adjusting the volume, so to mute/unmute, press and hold the scroll button, then roll it up or down to increase/decrease the volume. Note: Depending on what is currently being played, the scroll button can change the volume for media, navigation, or phone calls. The touchscreen indicates the volume level for all functions.
- To change soundtracks, stations or whatever is playing, use the scroll button to the right. To return to the previous selection, press the scroll button to the left.
- Adjust the position of the exterior mirrors.
- Adjust the position of the steering wheel.
- The Tesla steering wheel lights adjusts the angle of the headlights.
2. The right scroll button can be used to:
- Issue voice commands. To start a voice command, press the button.
- Adjust your set speed as well as the distance you wish to keep from a car in front of you.
- The arrows linked to the scroll buttons are backlit in low lighting conditions. To turn this backlighting on or off, press Controls > Lights > Steering Wheel Lights. Restart the touchscreen by pressing and holding both scroll buttons until the touchscreen turns black (off).
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.