Replacing Wiper Blades Tesla Model Y
Wiper blades should be replaced at least once a year for optimal performance.
See Wipers and Washers and Checking and Cleaning Wiper Blades.
Note: Only use new blades that are exactly the same as the originals. The wiper system and windshield can be damaged if the wrong blades are used.
To replace the wiper blades:
- Shift into Park and switch off the wipers to change the wiper blades.
- Toggle the wipers to the service position, go to Controls > Service > Wiper Service Mode > ON.
- Lift the wiper arm just far enough away from the windshield to provide access to the wiper blade.
Caution: Wiper blades do not lock into an elevated position, so be careful. Lift a wiper arm only as far as it needs to go.
- To minimize scratching or cracking the windshield, place a cloth between the wiper arm and the glass.
- While sliding the blade down the arm, hold the wiper arm and press the locking tab.
- Align the new wiper blade on the wiper arm and slide it to the end until it locks into place.
- To reset the wipers to their usual position, turn off Wiper Service Mode.
Disclaimer: Tesla Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.