Enable Valet Mode Tesla Model Y
The following restrictions apply when the Model Y is in Valet mode:
- Maximum speed is 70 mph (113 km/h).
- Acceleration and power are limited to a certain point.
- The trunk and glovebox in the front are locked.
- The navigation system does not show the location of your home or workplace.
- Voice instructions are turned off.
- Autopilot's convenience features have been turned off.
- The Allow Mobile Access option is turned off.
- If applicable in your market region, HomeLink is not available.
- There is no way to access Driver Profiles.
- The list of keys that allows access Model Y is not displayed on the touchscreen (see Managing Keys).
If you are interested in adding more security in your Tesla experience, you might be interested in our lifestyle accessories for Tesla Model Y.
Start Valet Mode
Tap the driver profile icon on the top of the touchscreen when the Model Y is in Park, then touch Valet Mode. When you initially enter Valet mode, you'll be asked to generate a 4-digit PIN that you'll use to exit the mode.
When Valet mode is on, the touchscreen displays the term Valet above the driving speed, as well as the Valet mode driver profile.
Valet mode can also be started and stopped using the mobile app (given the Model Y is in Park). Because you must log into the app using your Tesla Account credentials, you do not need to enter a PIN while using the mobile app.
Note: You must specify or enter a driving PIN before you may define or enter a Valet PIN if the PIN to Drive setting is activated. The Model Y may be driven in Valet mode without the valet having to enter the driving PIN.
Note: The PIN to Drive setting is not available for activation when Valet mode is active.
Note: If you forget your valet PIN, you can reset it by entering your Tesla Account credentials from inside the Model Y. (which also cancels Valet mode).
You can also use the mobile app to change your PIN.
Cancel Valet Mode
Touch the Valet Mode driver symbol on the touchscreen's status bar while the Model Y is in Park, then enter your 4-digit PIN. All settings connected with the most recently used driver profile and climate control settings are restored when you cancel Valet mode, and all features are available.
To cancel Valet mode through the mobile app, you do not need to provide a PIN.
Disclaimer: Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.