Replacing the Key Fob Battery Tesla Model Y
Depending on the key fob version and vehicle settings, the supplemental key fob's battery can last up to five years. A notice appears on the touchscreen when the fob battery is low.
To replace the key fob battery:
- Release the bottom cover with the key fob button side down on a soft surface.
- By lifting the battery away from the holding clamps, it can be removed.
- Insert the replacement battery (type CR2032) with the ‘+' side facing up, avoiding touching the flat surfaces of the battery. CR2032 batteries can be purchased through most retail outlets.
- Align the tabs on the bottom cover with the corresponding slots on the key fob by holding the bottom cover at an angle, then press the cover firmly onto the key fob until it snaps into place.
- By unlocking and locking your vehicle, you can make sure the key fob works.