Troubleshooting HomeLink Universal Transceiver Tesla Model Y
See related HomeLink topics Programming the HomeLink Universal Transceiver, HomeLink Delete Device, HomeLink Device Reset Location.
Model Y records the signal from your RF device's remote in Standard Mode. You must stand in front of the vehicle, position the remote towards the front bumper, then press and hold the button until the headlights flash, according to the display. Model Y has learnt the remote when the headlights flash, and you can press the Continue button on the touchscreen. If the headlights do not flash, follow these instructions:
- Check the remote's batteries. Before you begin programming, it is a good idea to replace the batteries.
- Press and hold the button on your device's remote while standing in front of your vehicle, roughly 2 inches (5 cm) in front of the Tesla emblem.
- Some garage door remotes may require many short remote presses (about 1 second each press) rather than a single long press.
Tesla Homelink D-Mode and UR-Mode
In D Mode and UR-Mode, the device’s receiver learns the Model Y. The touchscreen prompts you to press the Learn button (could also be named as the Program or Smart button) on the device's receiver. If this does not work, see the guidelines below:
- Place the Model Y's bumper as close to the garage door, gate, or other device you're trying to configure as possible.
- Make sure you're pushing the Learn/Program/Smart button on the receiver. Refer to the product details given with the RF device you're trying to programme for instructions on how to put the receiver into learning mode.
- If you come across a screen that says "Train the receiver" while programming the device, keep in mind that it's a time-sensitive process. You only have about 30 seconds to return to your vehicle, hit Continue, and then press the trained HomeLink device name twice after pushing the Learn/Program/Smart button on the device's remote or receiver. Consider enlisting the help of a friend or family member for this phase.
- The majority of devices are only in learning mode for three to five minutes. Follow the instructions displayed on the vehicle's touchscreen immediately after hitting the device's Learn/ Program/Smart button.
Contact HomeLink (www.homelink.com or call 1-800-355-3515) for additional assistance or compatibility questions.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.