Replacing Wiper Blades Tesla Model X
For best performance, you should replace the wiper blades once every year at the minimum.
Note: Only use new blades that are exactly the same as the originals. The wiper system and windshield can be damaged if the wrong blades are used.
Note: The wiper washing system is part of the wiper blades system on the car.
Follow these steps to replace the wiper blades:
- Put the car into Park and ensure the wipers are turned off.
- Press Controls > Service > Wiper Service Mode > ON to put the wipers into the service position.
- Lift up the wiper arm so that it is a short distance away from the windshield, this makes it far enough for accessing the wiper blade.
Caution: The blades of the wipers do not lock into a raised position. Lift a wiper arm only as far as it needs to go.
Caution: The wiper blade is still attached to the washer hose and cannot be removed at this time.
- To avoid scratching or cracking the windshield, place a towel between the wiper arm and the glass.
- Disconnect the washer hose from the wiper blade with caution to prevent any washer fluid from spilling.
- Fully connect the washer hose to the new wiper blade's nipple.
- Align the new wiper blade on the wiper arm and slide it to the end until it locks into place.
- To reset the wipers to their usual position, turn off Wiper Service Mode.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.