Replacing the HEPA Filter Tesla Model X
If the car is equipped, it is recommended to replace the HEPA filter once every 3 years (but annually in China).
Follow these steps to replace the HEPA filter:
- Remove the hood.
- Remove the rear apron from under the hood.
- Both the left and right underhood aprons must be removed.
- Remove the front apron from under the hood.
- Fold the trunk seals back carefully to separate the front of the carpet from the underhood storage unit, then disconnect the electrical link from both underhood storage unit lights.
- Remove the carpet from the storage unit beneath the hood.
- Remove the underhood storage unit's fasteners (x20) from the car.
- Remove the vehicle's underhood storage compartment.
- Remove the old HEPA filter from the duct and discard it.
- Place the new HEPA filter so that it is held in place by the duct.
- Place the underhood storage unit in place and then tighten the fasteners (x2) that secure it:
- 6 fasteners (7 Nm)
- 4 fasteners (7 Nm)
- 10 fasteners (4 Nm)
- Put the carpet back into the storage unit under the hood.
- Adjust the seal to prevent ingress by connecting the electrical connectors to the underhood storage unit lights.
- Close the hood after reinstalling the front, left, right, and rear underhood aprons.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.