Pairing a Bluetooth Phone Tesla Model X
Pairing allows you to make and receive phone calls, access your contact list, recent calls, and more using your Bluetooth-enabled phone hands-free. You can also use it to play media files stored on your phone. When a phone is linked, the Model X may connect to it whenever it is in range.
To pair your smartphone, follow these pointers while you are sitting inside Model X:
- Make that the touchscreen and phone are both turned on.
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone and make sure it's discoverable.
- Note: Depending on the phone, you might have to go to Bluetooth Settings for the rest of the procedure.
- Press the Bluetooth icon on the top of the touchscreen.
- On the touchscreen, Touch 'Add New Device' > 'Start Search.' It will display a list of available Bluetooth devices that are in range.
- Using the touchscreen, select the phone that you want to pair with and in a couple of seconds, the touchscreen will show a randomly generated number. The phone should also display that same number.
- Ensure the number on the touchscreen and the phone match. Use the phone to confirm the pairing.
- If you get prompted on the phone, verify if you want to let the Model X to access your contacts and media files.
When the phone is linked, the Model X connects automatically, and the touchscreen displays the Bluetooth icon next to the phone's name to show that the connection is active.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.