Removing and Installing Nose Cone Tesla Model S
A nose cone is attached to the front bumper of Model S automobiles made before April 2016. The 12V terminals and the hood latch can be accessed by removing the nose cone.
To remove the nose cone:
- Carefully remove the nose cone's perimeter from the trim with a plastic trim tool.
- Disconnect the parking sensor connectors (x2) by squeezing down the tab and gently releasing the connector if fitted with parking sensors.
To install the nose cone:
- If the vehicle is equipped with parking sensors, then start by connecting the parking sensor connectors (x2).
- Align the nose cone's clips with the trim's matching holes.
- Press the nose cone into the trim with both hands to ensure that all clips are engaged. To make sure the nose cone is completely secure, press around the circumference.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.