Removing and Installing Nose Cone Tesla Model S
Model S vehicles built before April, 2016 are equipped with a nose cone affixed to the front bumper. Removing the nose cone allows for access to the 12V terminals as well as the hood latch.
To remove the nose cone:
- Use a plastic trim tool to carefully release the perimeter of the nose cone from the trim.
- If equipped with parking sensors, disconnect the parking sensor connectors (x2) by pressing down the tab and gently releasing the connector.
To install the nose cone:
- If equipped with parking sensors, connect the parking sensor connectors (x2).
- Align the clips on the nose cone with the corresponding holes in the trim.
- Using both hands, press the nose cone into the trim so that all clips are engaged. Press along the perimeter of the nose cone to ensure it is fully secure.