Pairing a Bluetooth Phone Tesla Model S
Pairing allows you to make and receive phone calls, access your contact list, recent calls, and more using your Bluetooth-enabled phone hands-free. You can also use it to play media files stored on your phone. When a phone is linked, the Model S may connect to it whenever it is in range.
Follow these instructions for pairing the phone and ensure you are sitting inside the vehicle:
- Power on the phone and the touchscreen.
- On the phone, activate Bluetooth so that the device is discoverable.
Note: On some phones, the rest of the procedure may require you to go to Bluetooth Settings.
- Press the Bluetooth icon on the touchscreen.
- Press 'Add New Device' > 'Start Search.' The touchscreen will show available Bluetooth devices within range.
- On the touchscreen, select the phone to pair with. After a couple of seconds, a randomly generated number will appear on the touchscreen and the phone will also show the identical number.
- Check both numbers match and confirm the pairing on the phone.
- If the phone prompts you, you can verify if the vehicle can access the phone contacts and media files.
When the phone is linked, the Model S connects automatically, and the touchscreen displays the Bluetooth icon next to the phone's name to show that the connection is active.
Disclaimer: Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.