For optimum performance, replace the wiper blades at least once a year.
Note: Only install replacement blades that are identical to the original blades. Using inappropriate blades can damage the wiper system and windshield.
To replace the wiper blades:
- Shift into Park and turn off the wipers.
- Touch 'Controls' > 'Service' > 'Wiper Service Mode' > 'ON' to move the wipers to the service position.
- Lift the wiper arm a short distance away from the windshield, just far enough to access the wiper blade.
Caution: Wiper blades do not lock into a lifted position. Do not lift a wiper arm beyond its intended position.
- Place a towel under the wiper arm to avoid scratching or cracking the windshield in case it lowers down for any reason.
- Hold the wiper arm and press the locking tab while sliding the blade down the arm.
- Align the new blade on the wiper arm and slide it toward the hooked end of the arm until it locks into place.
- Carefully place the wiper blades against the windshield.
- Turn Wiper Service Mode off to return the wipers to their normal position.