Replacing Wiper Blades On Tesla Model 3
Wiper blades should be replaced at least once a year for optimal performance.
Replace replacement blades only if they are similar to the original blades. The wiper system and windshield can be damaged if the wrong blades are used.
To replace the wiper blades:
- Put the car into Park and switch off the wipers.
- Press 'Controls' > 'Service' > 'Wiper Service Mode' > 'ON' to move the wipers to the service position.
- Raise the wiper arm a short distance from the windshield, so that it is far enough to access the wiper blade.
Caution: The blades of the wipers do not lock into a raised position. Lift a wiper arm only as far as it needs to go.
- Put a towel underneath the wiper arm to prevent scratching or cracking the windshield if it lowers down for any reason.
- While sliding the blade down the arm, hold the wiper arm and press the locking tab.
- Align the new blade on the wiper arm and slide it towards the arm's hooked end until it locks into place.
- Place the wiper blades against the windscreen with care.
- To reset the wipers to their usual position, turn off Wiper Service Mode.
Disclaimer: Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.