Replacing Trunk Struts On Tesla Model 3
- To sustain the trunk temporarily, open it and prop it open using a non-marring prop.
- Release the clip that connects the lower end of the trunk strut to the vehicle's hinge with a trim tool, then release the strut.
- Release the clip that connects the upper end of the trunk strut to the trunk lid hinge with a trim tool, and then remove the strut from the vehicle.
- Clean the mounting hinges before lubricating the new strut's two pivot points.
- Connect the strut's rod end to the vehicle's hinge, then the strut's body end to the trunk lid's hinge. Make sure the clips are in place.
- Remove the prop and check to see if the trunk opens and shuts normally.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.