Replacing Hood Struts On Tesla Model 3
- To support the hood, open it and prop it up using a non-marring prop.
- Release the clip on the bottom of the strut with a trim tool and pull the strut away from the attachment on the vehicle's body.
- Release the clip on the top of the strut using a trim tool and take the strut away from the hood mount. The old strut should be removed from the car.
- Clean the mounting places on the car, then lubricate the replacement strut's two pivot points.
- Secure the strut's rod end to the vehicle's body, then the strut's body end to the hood. Make sure the clips are in place.
- Remove the hood prop and double-check that the hood opens and closes properly.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.