A phone charging cable can be installed in Model 3 to make it easy to connect your phone while keeping the console clutter-free. The Model 3 Phone Charging Cable is available at the Tesla online store.
Note: The phone dock can support two phones side-by-side.
For the Tesla quick connection phone dock installation:
- Open both of the center console doors situated in front of the cup holders.
- Take out the rubber mat from the phone dock.
- Lift up the phone dock to gain access to the USB ports.
- Then release the base cover of the phone dock. Slide it to the left.
- Plug in the USB connector from the phone charging cable into a USB port.
- Put in the phone end of the charging cable through the phone dock bottom and move the cable through the securing tabs which are at the bottom of the phone dock.
- Place the base cover of the phone dock back and slide it to the right.
- Lower the phone dock and then install the rubber mat again.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.