To make it easy to connect your phone while keeping the console free of clutter, you can install a phone charging cable in Model 3. The Model 3 Phone Charging Cable is available at the Tesla online store.
Note: The phone dock supports two phones side-by-side.
To install a phone charging cable:
- Open both center console doors in front of the cup holders.
- Remove the rubber mat from the phone dock.
- Lift the phone dock to access the USB ports.
- Release the cover from the base of the phone dock by sliding it to the left.
- Plug the USB connector on the phone charging cable into a USB port.
- Insert the phone end of the charging cable through the bottom of the phone dock and route the cable through the securing tabs towards the bottom of the phone dock.
- Reinstall the cover to the base of the phone dock by sliding it to the right.
- Lower the phone dock and reinstall the rubber mat.