Adding a new key card or key fob Tesla Model 3
Note: If you're adding a key fob, be sure it's at room temperature. If the key fob is cold, pairing may be failed.
- Touch 'Controls' > 'Locks' on the touchscreen, then + in the Keys section.
- Scan your new key card or key fob with the key reader located behind the cup holders on the centre console's top.
- Remove the new key card or key fob from the key reader once it has been recognized.
- Scan a key card or key fob that has already been authenticated (i.e. has access to the vehicle) on the key reader behind the cup holders on the top of the centre console.
- When the process is finished, the newly-authenticated key is displayed in the key list on the touchscreen. By tapping the pencil symbol next to its name, you can change it.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.