Removing and Installing Aero Covers Tesla Model 3
If your vehicle has aero covers, you must go through the Tesla lug nut cover removal process to access the lug nuts.
Model 3 Remove Aero Covers:
- Firmly hold the aero cover using both hands.
- Pull the aero cover out towards you to detach the retaining clips.
Model 3 Install Aero Cover:
- Put the aero cover in position so the base of the Tesla 'T' is in line with the tire valve stem.
- Push down firmly around the edge of the aero cover until it snaps properly into place.
Removing and Installing Lug Nut Covers
If your Model 3 has lug nut covers, they must be removed to get access to the lug nuts.
Tesla Lug Nut Cover Removal:
- In the hole at the base of the Tesla 'T,' insert the curved section of the lug nut cover tool (found in your glovebox).
- Manipulate the lug nut cover tool until it is fully inserted into the lug nut cover's hole.
- Twist the lug nut cover tool until the curved section touches the lug nut cover's centre.
- Remove the lug nut tool from the wheel and drag it away from the wheel until the lug nut cover is off.
Tesla Lug Nut Cover Install:
- Put the lug nut cover in place.
- Firmly push firmly down on the lug nut cover until it snaps properly into place.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.