Replacing Hood Struts Tesla Model X
If your hood struts start to break for whatever reason, they can be replaced. To repair your hood struts, follow these steps:
- To support the hood, open it and prop it up using a non-marring prop.
- Remove the underhood apron in the rear centre.
- Remove the underhood aprons on the LH and RH sides.
- Release the clip on the bottom of the strut with a trim tool and pull the strut away from the attachment on the vehicle's body.
- Release the clip on the top of the strut using a trim tool and take the strut away from the hood mount. The old strut should be removed from the car.
- Clean the mounting places on the car, then lubricate the replacement strut's two pivot points.
- Secure the strut's rod end to the vehicle's body, then the strut's body end to the hood. Make sure the clips are in place.
- Remove the hood prop and double-check that the hood opens and closes properly.
- Install the underhood aprons on the LH and RH sides.
- Install the underhood apron in the back centre.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.