Replacing Hood Struts Tesla Model S
Your hood struts can be replaced if they begin to fail for any reason. To replace your hood struts:
- Open the hood and use a non-marring prop to temporarily support it.
- Use a trim tool to release the clip on the bottom of the strut and pull the strut off from the mount on the body of the vehicle.
- Use a trim tool to release the clip on the top of the strut and pull the strut off from the mount on the hood. Remove the old strut from the vehicle.
- Clean the mounting locations on the vehicle and then lubricate both pivot points of the new strut.
- Secure the rod end of the strut to the body of the vehicle then the body end of the strut to the hood. Ensure the clips are secure.
- Remove the hood prop and ensure the hood opens and closes as expected.