Replacing Cabin Filters On Tesla Model 3
Pollen, industrial fallout, road dust, and other particles are prevented from entering the cabin through the vents using air filters. These filters should be replaced every two years, according to Tesla (annually in China).
Instructions to replace the cabin filters:
- Turn off the air conditioning system.
- Remove the front passenger floor mat and fully recline the front passenger seat.
- Working from top to bottom, carefully remove the right side panel from the centre console with a trim tool.
- Carefully pry open the push clips that hold the front passenger footwell cover to the instrument panel with a clip pry tool. Disconnect the two electrical connectors while supporting the footwell cover and slide the footwell cover aside.
- Remove the T20 screw that holds the cabin filter cover to the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) module, then release and set aside the cabin filter cover.
Note: Reinstall the trim panels and contact Tesla if the HVAC module does not have a cabin filter cover.
Warning: The orange High Voltage (HV) cables connecting to the cabin filter cover should not be stretched, bent, or otherwise damaged. If the HV cables are damaged, stop the procedure right away. High-voltage shock can cause significant injury or death.
- Fold the tabs of the upper cabin filter upward and the lower cabin filter downward.
- Pull the upper cabin filter out of the HVAC module while holding the tab on the upper cabin filter.
- Pull the lower cabin filter upwards and out of the HVAC module while holding the tab on the lower cabin filter.
- Insert the lower cabin filter into the HVAC module and lower it into place, making sure the arrows on both new filters point towards the back of the vehicle. Then place the upper cabin filter on top of it.
- The cabin filter cover can be placed by folding the tabs inward.
- By engaging the lower cover tab and tightening the T20 screw, you can instal the cabin filter cover. Tighten to 1.2 Nm/0.89 ft-lbs with the screwdriver.
- Reattach the two electrical connectors to the components in the front passenger footwell cover, then secure it with the push clips.
- Align the right side panel with the front and back locator slots on the centre console, then press down until all of the clips are securely fastened.
- Replace the front passenger floor mat before reinstalling the front passenger seat.
Tesla, Inc. was not involved in the development of this document and did not provide any input or otherwise edit, review or authorize it.